In the heart of the village of Vosne Romanée, Clos Goillote forms a square of 0.55 hectare in front of the former chais (winery) of the Prince of Conti which became, in 1820, the bourgeoise dwelling of La Goillotte. Reserved for household consumption, the wines and vinyard of Clos Goillotte were not recorded and classed during the constitution of the ‘appellation’ system in 1936, so with almost no exception, the wines of the Clos Goillotte were unavailable to anyone but the family until 1988 when the property was bought by Henry Frédéric Roch. The vignes are about 50 years old.
Vosne-Romané Le Clos Goillotte Monopole
A wine some would call “feminine” for its' endless curves and exceptional delicacy.